From Eric's Recipes
A recipe for homemade "fries" borrowed from the Food Network. They make a great side for Bean Burgers.
- 4 large potatoes, unpeeled
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, then cut each half in thirds lengthwise. You'll have 6 long wedges from each potato.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl olive oil and spices. With clean hands, toss all the ingredients together, making sure the potatoes are covered with oil.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer with 1 cut-side down.
- Bake the potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, turning to the other cut side after 20 minutes. Bake until they are lightly browned, crisp outside, and tender inside.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
- Feel free to experiment with other spices. Truffle oil can be used to fancy them up.