Eric's Pulled Pork Chili
From Eric's Recipes
A chili recipe I put together for the 2006 Booz Allen Hamilton Chili Cook-off. This was my first time cooking chili, and it turned out really well. I got 6th place out of 8, with Bill the boss voting for my chili.
- 2 lbs pulled pork
- 1 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (16 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 oz) cans red kidney beans
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup Dinosaur BBQ barbeque sauce
- Prepare Crockpot Pulled Pork. Cut into small chunks and place into crockpot.
- Add pepper, onions, tomatoes, celery, and garlic. Cook on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and cook for another hour.
- Add spices and sauce. Adjust amounts as desired.
- The longer it cooks the better it gets.
- Add beans towards the end to avoid them getting mushy.
- The resulting chili had good taste and texture, but could have used more spice. Consider adding spicy peppers to give it more of a kick.