Green Beans in Tomato Sauce
From Eric's Recipes
A greek dish that Christine enjoyed growing up, served along side Patates Fournou.
- 1 lbs green beans
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 1 lbs tomatoes (2-3 big ones)
- Clean the beans by cutting the stringy edges all around with a sharp knife, rinse and drain them.
- Sautee the onion in the olive oil in a saucepan, add the tomatoes and the beans and sautee together for a few minutes.
- Add the water (the sauce should cover the beans) and bring to a boil. Add the parsley and the salt and stir.
- Cover and cook slowly for approximately 45 minutes. They should have a thick, oily sauce at the end.
- A Joanna Naclerio recipe with help from greek-recipe.com.