From Eric's Recipes
A greek dish that Christine enjoyed growing up, served along side Green Beans in Tomato Sauce. The English name for this dish is Roasted Lemon Garlic Potatoes. In Greek it's πατάτες φούρνου, pronounced pah-TAH-tes FOOR-noo.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 480°F (250°C).
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, and in half lengthwise again, into quarters. Rinse well and shake to remove excess water. Spread the potatoes out in an 11 X 14 inch (or equivalent) roasting pan.
- Toss the potatoes with the salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and olive oil (using hands works best), and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add the water to the pan (do not pour over the potatoes).
- Put on lowest rack in the oven, and roast at 480°F (250°C) until the water boils. Then reduce heat to 355°F (180°C) and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- A Joanna Naclerio recipe with help from greekfood.about.com.