From Eric's Recipes
Delicious pork shoulder, cooked with barbecue sauce and onion, then shredded.
- 4 lbs pork shoulder or butt
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- Place half of the thinly sliced onions in bottom of slow cooker. Add pork and water, along with remaining onion slices.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or 4 to 5 hours on HIGH heat setting.
- Drain liquid from slow cooker and place meat back in cooker.
- Add barbecue sauce and chopped onion.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours longer. Stir occasionally.
- Serves 8 to 10.
- Those last 4-6 hours really soften it up right, and are very necessary.