From Eric's Recipes
A simple and delicious recipe for sloppy joes provided by Joanna Naclerio.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 - 2 1/2 tsp steak seasoning blend
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 4 - 6 crusty rolls, split, toasted, and lightly buttered
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and beef to the pan, spreading it around the pan to break it up.
- Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning then add the mixture to the skillet and combine.
- When the meat has browned, add onion and red pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar, stirring briefly to reduce, then add Worcestershire, tomato sauce and paste, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to simmer and cook sloppy joe mixture 5 minutes longer.
- Using a large spoon, pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun tops.
- Try not to overfill the bun with meat or else it will end up all over you!